Ordinary grocery or household stores decorate with additional decor, which stands out from the background of the products sold, thereby setting the style for the whole interior. And what about the owners of flower shops or salons, where the goods are the main decoration of the room? In this situation, you must resort to a professional design project, where the style of the store will play a major role. It will have to make a start when choosing a range of colors, finishing materials and additional decorations, which for the most part will also perform some useful functions in parallel. The design of a flower shop can be thought up and implemented independently. Typically, these shops have a small area, where it is easier to implement the project. On how to properly furnish and decorate a small oasis in a huge urban desert, we'll talk further.
The need to develop a design project
The need for a design project arises at the stage of developing a business plan. The total budget will include the cost of finishing materials, equipment, decorative items. Without a project in which accurate measurements of the premises are carried out, it cannot be said how much, for example, wood or plastic will be required for covering the accent wall. It is difficult to determine whether all the necessary equipment and filling will “squeeze” into the shop if the zoning of the space and its layout are not thought out. In the end, you can not pick up the decor, without having a clue about the design direction, which will be embodied in the interior. You can, of course, create a motley potpourri, but without understanding the fusion or eclectic style rules, it’s hard to get a really beautiful result. But the design of the interior and shop windows is the main “lure” for buyers, part of the advertising campaign, which, in turn, is an important component of the marketing strategy. Without this, it is simply impossible to form a base of regular customers who will generate regular income and maintain an average bill. After all, if the store is uncomfortable, unless someone wants to return to it when there is a dime a dozen of similar "typical" shops in the city. Therefore, a design project is not just needed, it is necessary to create a successful business in the field of trade.
Features store design
When you make a flower shop take into account a number of nuances that are directly related to the specifics of the product:
- Special lighting. Since plants are very sensitive to light, it must be distributed correctly. For those colors that love the sun, they arrange a window seat or compensate it with artificial light bulbs. Tropical exotic, which prefers the shadow, put in secluded corners.
- Zoning and layout. Plants should be grouped and located in separate zones. Live indoor flowers in one place, and cut components for future bouquets in another. With strict taxonomy, it will be easier for buyers to understand the abundance of goods.
- Finish If finances allow, then florist salon is better to sheathe natural materials. First, this decision will be combined with the content of the store. Secondly, natural finish always looks expensive and stylish.
- Palette. It is difficult to choose the right gamut, if the store already looks like a mixture of color spots.
- Showcase. Flower shops in any city a lot. To lure customers into your own, you need to allocate it among the rest with the help of an original decorated display case and advertising outside.
- Any experienced florist will say that without a special equipment, which will provide the desired level of humidity and temperature, no flower shop can not do. In winter, the flowers will have to be warmed, and in the hot summer they will be hidden in special refrigerators (we are talking about cut ones).
You should also decide on the “scale” of the store and the intended target audience to which the trade will be oriented. This is useful when choosing a design style. Given the specialization, there are three types of outlets: a small shop, a small shop (pavilion), a salon or a boutique.
When choosing the style of the store, only its specificity imposes restrictions. Always need to focus on the client. Among the popular trends are the following styles:
- For the conservative public they use strict art deco or modern. In the color palette apply brown and its warm shades (sparkling walnut, gold, beige), white, black. For finishing choose a tree and a ceramic tile. In general, the interior looks solid, elegant and expensive.
- Modern shops decorate in high-tech or eco style. In the first case, plastic, glass and metal are used in the decoration, and in the color palette preference is given to a "trio" of gray, white and black. On this background, the flowers will stand out advantageously. For eco style use only natural materials and the same decor. “Bouquets” from branches, real dry trees, cones, spruce needles, phyto walls from moss or stone rock gardens will look original.
- If the flower shop is designed for VIP-buyers, then it is made out in luxurious classic directions or a chic loft. In the first case, they use the style of Empire, Baroque, and Rococo, where wood predominates in the decoration, and floral ornaments in the decor. For a loft, the room is decorated with brick or stonework, open communications systems, original lamps. The color scheme is aged in brown and black tones.
- Eclecticism is suitable for shops that take a large flow of disparate customers every day. The direction is a mixture of styles, where unusual combinations and original compositions are sometimes found.
- Provence. The most cute and elegant line of rural areas. The style is simple in design: the interior can be filled with a warm, cozy "grandma" decor. Additionally decorate the room with fluttering butterflies and bees. Instead of boring plastic pots, handmade vases are used. Unusual will look delivery under the flowers in the form of tiny bikes, painted white.
- Shabby chic. The style is characterized by a soft, light design. Remotely, it resembles a mixture of Provence and Classics. In the color palette, preference is given to white, pink, peach and other pastel shades.
- Vintage. Brick walls are decorated with picturesque panoramas. The birdcage hanging from the ceiling will become an accent element of the interior. Decorate the shop with old dishes (bowls, pots, vases) and wicker baskets.
Of course, the interior can be decorated in other stylistic decisions: ethnic, Scandinavian, colonial directions, Biedermeier, pop art, avant-garde, minimalism.
When selecting lighting devices, first of all, pay attention to the spectral composition of light bulbs. Preference is given to the blue, red or orange range, which is ideal for plants. Remember that in winter, when the sun is not enough, it will have to be compensated by artificial lighting, so it must reach the farthest corners of the store so that not one of its green inhabitants feel deprived. As an option, get special fitolampy, which are specifically designed for heating delicate plants. Also, devices must have minimal infrared radiation, that is, do not "heat" the air. With the help of decorative lighting, the most successful, accent bouquets and compositions are surely emphasized. Such a solution is necessary not for plants, but for the interior of the store. The storefront is additionally equipped with LED-backlit.
In large greenhouses use sodium paws. They give a lot of red spectral glow, but have poor color rendering. The devices perfectly stimulate the flowering of plants and the development of the root system, help to adapt to new conditions. You can balance the spectral composition using mercury light bulbs.
Flowers themselves have a powerful energy, and due to bright colors make the necessary variety in the palette. To fill the store played in the store even brighter, you should choose neutral tones for the background. Black, gray, white, brown, dark purple, rich blue and pastel shades are suitable for this. To add charm to the shop, use silver and gold. The first option is suitable for minimalism, high-tech and modern style. Gold will look appropriate in the classical direction, Rococo, Baroque and Ampire. Bronze and brass are in harmony with retro, steampunk or vintage style.
Selection of finishing materials
In finishing materials, preference is given to natural options. It was so conceived by nature itself: flowers look best against the landscape, and indoors, their beauty is set off by stone and wood. For finishing the floor is preferable to choose a durable material. It can be a ceramic tile, a stone or a brick. The latter is suitable for ethnic design in the Spanish or Italian style. If the store is budget and you need to save money, then choose a linoleum with a natural pattern. The ceiling is plastered, painted, covered with plasterboard. In more expensive cases, a stretch fabric is used. The walls are finished with solid wood, its imitation in the form of tiles or panels, stone or brickwork, PVC. The choice of material depends on the style. Natural stone and brick, which at the same time can be a problem if winters are harsh and heating in the room leaves much to be desired, will best take root in the flower shop.
Necessary equipment and its location
The standard furniture set flower shop includes shelves, shelves, display cases and a counter. However, waiting for bouquets for customers can also be brightened up by equipping the room with a small corner sofa and a coffee table. This solution is not suitable for tiny shops, but it is easily embodied in the salons with an average area. As for the special equipment, this set includes the following units:
- Refrigeration unit. There are two-and single-chamber devices. If the budget is limited, it is better to choose the first, although the second is more capacious (up to 500-600 roses).
- Air conditioning. It is vital for a flower shop, as it is with its help you can create a comfortable temperature for plants.
- Thermal curtain. A special unit that generates a "wall" from the air flow. Located at the front door. The device prevents the penetration of air from the street into the room and vice versa, maintaining the store's independence from climatic conditions in the environment.
As for shelves, they are chosen on the principle of spaciousness. In this regard, the best solution is considered to be “slides” and “pyramids”. The first are installed against the walls, and the second are designed for central location.
We pay special attention to the window and the facade
The showcase is the main advertising tool of the store. You do not need to completely force it in pots and vases with all sorts of flowers and compositions. You should choose only the best or rare of the range and present these products as a tempting offer. The original solution for "light" styles (shebbi chic, Provence, country, ethnics) will be the location of the picturesque composition of soaring watering cans and decorated flower pots in which flowers are placed. Complement the design of dishes, wooden boxes, wicker baskets, forged trunks. In more rigorous styles, it is recommended to create an unobtrusive perspective with the help of mirrors that decorate walls. They will increase the range and fascinate buyers. Be sure to add related products to the colors, if any. For example, when florists in parallel are engaged in packing gifts, samples of the best gift boxes are shown in the window. And, of course, the sign. The name of the store, the font in which it is written, must comply with the general stylistic concept.
If climatic conditions allow, then decorate the window with fresh flowers, the branches of which stretch out into the street through a glass window on top. Some store owners go further and create “clothes” from flowers for dummies, which they put on the threshold.
Flower shop creates a mood for its customers. Previously, researchers mistakenly believed that human bouquets are associated exclusively with holidays, and hence positive emotions. But it turned out that the plant species itself has a beneficial effect on mood, causing an involuntary and sincere smile. Therefore, the bouquets are trying to have the most prominent places in restaurants, cafes, hotels. The flower shop to some extent sells pleasant emotions, as if engaged in household magic, so its design should emphasize the beauty of filling to enhance the positive effect. And happy and satisfied customers will automatically go to the list of regular customers.