When a new small person appears in the family, it's time to make sure that he has everything necessary for a comfortable, safe life. If a small cradle and a linen chest are enough for an infant in his room, then a child who is already sitting needs other items. Make a locker, table or at least a highchair with their own hands under the force of any parent who has the minimum carpentry skills.
The advantages of creating your own hands
Independent production of children's furniture has many advantages:
- the ability to make an object using only environmentally friendly materials, selected at its discretion;
- significant savings in cash (except in the case of creating overly “tricked” structures);
- you can use parts of old furniture, other items to create something new;
- the color scheme, the decor of the chair is also easy to match the style of the children's room;
- the product comes out soundly and unique, and the fantasy design in the form of a typewriter, house, horse, doggie, etc. will please the child.
Types of highchairs
For children developed several types of chairs, depending on the destination, the user's age:
- miniature high chair with a table - the same set as for adults. Suitable for children who have already turned one and a half to two years. It is made of wood, plastic, sometimes it has metal legs, other parts, it is equipped with seat belts;
- Suspended version - one of the varieties of folding, indispensable when space in the house is very small. The design of this chair is a metal frame with a hard seat, back, equipped with a removable soft cover. The product is mounted to the "adult" table with clips, by the method of the lever or screws. It is convenient to take the item with you on trips - it takes up little space, weighs between three and five kg., Will be suitable for children from six months, withstand a weight of up to 13-16 kg .;
- a highchair is not a chair in the usual sense, but rather a locking system with seat belts that prevents the baby from falling. The product is attached to a large chair with a back, hard seat. It is forbidden to place the object on stools, bar designs;
- high folding models - when folded they take up minimal space, are easy to assemble-disassemble, weigh up to five kg;
- transforming chair - the largest option is about one square meter. The seats are made easy to wash, the tabletop is removable, equipped with bumpers. Belts are not always available. Levels in height are made from one to seven, so that the product can be easily adjusted to any table height. When the child has grown up, the design is disassembled, getting a separate table and chair;
- multifunctional - a kind of transformer, performing the role of a chair, swing, rocking chair. It is easy to fold and unfold, takes up relatively little space, is made of plastic or wood, has bottle holders, cups, footrest, tabletop. In some models there is a function of changing the backrest, the height of the step. The product is suitable for children from one to five years.
Most often, children's furniture is made of wood, various lumber, because most of the tools - woodworking.
To work almost exactly need:
- hacksaw for wood;
The choice of material for manufacturing
You will need not too many materials, but the quantity depends on the product design. An array of wood, chipboard, plywood is purchased as the main one, for fastening - screws, screws, and joiner's glue. If there is a soft seat, it requires a non-dirty, preferably cotton fabric, a synthetic winterizer - as a padding. When the product is supposed to be decorated, paints are used that are safe for the child's health - water-based, acrylate, acrylic, oil-wax, and nitro-paints. Fantasy chairs for home and garden are made from a variety of plastic bottles, corrugated cardboard, metal or plastic tubes.
If there is already a scheme with it, cutting of timber, boards into pieces of the required size can be ordered directly at the store, upon purchase.
Dimensions, drawings, scheme
Making furniture always requires creating a sketch, a detailed scheme. The drawing provides an image of the connections of all parts, their dimensions, length, ratios. A model where dimensions are carefully thought out, angles verified, will not create inconveniences for a child, it is necessary to fit.
The average seat height of an ordinary children's chair relative to the floor is 25–30 cm, high (for feeding the smallest) is 65–75 cm. The size from a seat to the top of the back is also about 30 cm. The standard parameters of the seat itself are 25 to 25 cm, 20 to 30 cm
The colors of furniture for children are usually chosen light or bright - it is unacceptable to paint objects in black, dark blue, and other similar tones, as they are capable of scaring a child.
The most suitable tones:
- light pink;
- light purple;
- beige red;
- mint green;
- apple green;
- lilac red;
- creamy white;
- sky blue;
Most often the subject is left unadorned, with a natural wood texture, covered with a transparent varnish. Volumetric decor is unacceptable - it becomes the cause of injuries of varying severity, quickly falls off with frequent use of the chair. The best option is to paint with non-toxic paints, hand-painted, drawings made through a stencil, stickers depicting your favorite cartoons and heroes of fairy tales, soft colored covers on ties, elastic bands, stickies. It is also possible to decorate with a jigsaw - to make figured legs, the edges of the seat, to make holes in the back.
When using paints, it should be noted that they should not contain lead, other heavy metals, or harmful compounds.
Master classes with step by step instructions
There are only two main models of chairs:
- high - designed for the fact that the baby will sit at the table with adults, that is, the seat is located 27-37 cm below the level of the tabletop;
- ordinary - low chairs, installed next to the table of the appropriate height, sometimes have armrests.
The design of the back is also different:
- solid, square or rectangular;
- straight through, with one or two crosspieces;
- in the form of a wide truncated cone.
If it is intended to move this item frequently around the apartment, it makes sense to provide it with small wheels equipped with brakes.
Making an ordinary children's chair with a back
For the manufacture of the simplest chair will need the following details:
- supporting (front) legs - two pieces, length 20-30 cm;
- rear legs, turning into the back - two pieces, length 60-63 cm;
- slats for connecting the seat frame - two pieces, about 30 cm long;
- straps jumper back - two pieces, length 30 cm;
- seat - about 25 to 30 cm.
All legs are made of bars 50 to 50 mm, lintels - 25 to 50 mm, seat thickness - not less than 7-10 mm.
What do we have to do:
- calculate the exact length of the legs, cut off the extra parts;
- cut lintels for the seat frame, connect with supporting parts with screws and glue;
- further, the seat and back are attached, which are pre-fitted in size;
- all parts, especially in the joints, are thoroughly polished with sandpaper, so that there is no burrs, roughness;
- the finished product is painted or coated with varnish, stain, dried.
In order to understand whether the high chair was made correctly, you need to put a child on it, inquire if it is convenient for him, if necessary, to correct the design.
For the manufacture of folding chairs need plywood, at least 10 mm thick, electric jigsaw. On paper, you should sketch a general view of the product, then its individual parts - two sidewalls, a seat, a back, transverse slats. All parts are made with grooves, flat spikes - the design is assembled without the use of glue, metal fasteners. Further details are transferred directly to the plywood, cut out. The sides after cutting are superimposed on each other, for comparison, if they are not identical, an adjustment is made. All parts are thoroughly polished around the edges - sharp corners, edges in children's furniture are unacceptable. The subject is being assembled, to check the "performance", disassembled again. Details are painted or lacquered in one or two layers, dried, after which the product is collected, used for its intended purpose.
Highchair for feeding
A chair in which it is convenient to feed the child is performed at a height suitable for the dining tabletop. The building itself often has the appearance of a truncated cone - this is how maximum stability is achieved, because many children are spinning hard, trying to get out.
To create the product, you need plywood, 15 mm thick, a drill, an electric jigsaw, with which parts are cut:
- one part of the back (with holes for seat belts, a slot in the upper part, so that it is convenient to move them from place to place), measuring 400 by 370 by 15 mm;
- one pear-shaped seat 300 by 370 by 15 mm;
- three pieces rectangular tsarg 370 by 85 by 15 mm;
- one C-shaped table 315 by 470 by 15 mm;
- two pieces. support, elongated C-shaped, with dimensions of 610 by 880 by 15 mm;
- one step for legs is 370 by 120 by 15 mm.
The parts are polished edges, slots, holes are drilled in the attachment points. After all parts are varnished or painted, dried, assembled with self-tapping screws. The finished product is supplied with safety belts with carabiners or strings, a soft liner.
Chair in the form of a car
The stool machine will please both one-year-old and four-year-old child. To work you will need either plywood boards, jigsaw, glue, bright paints. To begin with, draw a sketch of the typewriter you like on paper, think over its silhouette, applicable for a chair, transfer it to sheets of plywood.
- two side parts, shaped like a car;
- high back, usually straight or figured on top;
- front tsarga - narrow or wide;
Details are cut, polished, the product is assembled on glue or screws. An important point here is the decor. On the sides, back, front, it is necessary to depict the details of the selected machine as faithfully as possible. Ideally, the product is supplied with rubberized wheels, light bulbs with LEDs, removable steering wheel.
Chair with variable height
A construction whose height varies over a wide range can be used by a child for several years, therefore it must be made as strong as possible. The “growing” chair is made of two inclined L-shaped sidewalls with perforation, three connecting pillars, a narrow seat, and steps for legs. The racks are made of metal or wood, the seat mats and the support under the legs are made of wood or chipboard. The frame in any case should not bend. Sitting here is easily rearranged above-below, the recommended “step” is 10-15 cm.
The recommended mounting height of the seat mats is from 18 to 50 cm. Such a structure can be used from one year to the age of majority.
Such a transformer is both a table and a chair. When assembled, it is a cube made of wood, chipboard or plywood, with a side of 40 cm. The thickness of the material is 15 mm.
- two sides 40 by 40 cm;
- worktop 40 by 37 cm;
- rear wall 37 by 37 cm.
- sidewall 37 by 37 cm;
- back 37 by 34 cm;
- seat 34 by 34 cm.
All parts are extinct, cut, polished, the seat is mounted at a height of 15-25 cm from the floor level. In order to avoid sharp edges, they are treated with a grinder or a simple emery paper. The design is assembled with glue to make the connection strong, before a reliable setting, the chair and the table are placed in clamps. The joints are once again polished, the product is painted manually or left in its original form. It is important that the high chair fits under the table.
When the child grows up, the upper part of the structure is used for sitting, the inner part is used for storing things, toys.
Children's furniture should be thought of immediately after the birth of a child - modern children have a habit of growing very quickly. Homemade wooden or from another material chair - a practical and inexpensive solution for the baby's room. A well-made product will last a long time, giving comfort to a growing man. You can also make your own unique children's stools and chairs for sale.