To choose a satin, matte or glossy stretch ceiling, it is necessary to study the features of the application of each coating.
Comparative table of the characteristics of the texture of ceilings
Today, when finishing the premises, many people prefer stretch ceiling structures. And there is an explanation for this - they are distinguished by their excellent appearance, practicality, and allow even the most sophisticated design solutions to be implemented.
- Glossy stretch ceilings have a smooth, "lacquer" surface with a mirror effect, visually expanding the space.
- Opaque stretch ceilings are characterized by a rough texture. Do not reflect, look the same in any light.
- Satin stretch ceilings - averaged version between the previous two. It is a flat surface, with a pearly luster and low reflection effect. Change appearance depending on natural and artificial lighting.
|Appearance||Do not reflect and do not shine, absorb light reflections.||They do not shine, low reflection effect, add volume to the room, visually increase it.||Qualitatively reflect all objects, shine, visually expand the space.|
|Surface||Ideally homogeneous.||Textured, like plaster.||Smooth|
|The ability to apply images||+||+||+|
|Indoor use recommendations||Large, spacious with high ceilings with light trim.||Spacious rooms with light walls.||Most suitable for small rooms and rooms with insufficient daylight.|
|Combinations with stylistic directions||Any style. Especially suitable for Provence, minimalism, Scandinavian style.||Any style. It looks best in classic style.||Ceilings are suitable for everyone except the style of loft, country, vintage. Especially suitable for high-tech, nautical style, pop art, art deco, fusion.|
In the photo on the left satin stretch fabric, on the right - matte.
The photo glossy stretch ceiling in the interior of the kitchen-dining room.
Which stretch ceilings better?
Stretch ceilings are similar in characteristics, but differ in the appearance of the canvas, the method of its installation and the principles of surface care, and also react differently to temperature indicators.
The main differences between satin and matte finish
Comparing matte stretch ceilings with satin, we can note the following:
- opaque cloths do not differ in the reflecting effect, and sateen are characterized by an easy and quiet shine at the expense of what look more beautifully;
- the sophisticated structure of the satin coating is not similar to the coarse grit of the matte film;
- the matte surface always looks the same, and the satin surface changes its appearance depending on the type of lighting;
- sateen stretch ceilings are more practical, as they are not afraid of temperature drops, dull - not recommended for use in rooms without heating;
- satin fabric is attached without the use of a heat gun, matte - needs to be heated;
- Sateen is significantly more expensive than film.
What is the difference between glossy ceiling from matte?
Comparing these two ceiling coverings, the following facts can be distinguished:
- the glossy canvas reflects light like a mirror, while the matte surface has almost no reflections;
- glossy ceiling is much softer than matte, in terms of mechanical damage;
- on the glossy tensioning structure, welds are more clearly visible, on a matte basis they are less noticeable.
What is the difference between a satin and glossy surface?
When comparing satin and glossy fabrics, it is necessary to consider:
- It is easy to care for sateen, it is more environmentally friendly and safer to use, the glossy ceiling requires special cleaning methods and extremely careful attitude;
- The reflective property of a glossy canvas is many times stronger than satin. The first ones look bright and catchy, the second ones are more restrained, classic, they beat off the rays of light, but they do not reflect;
- The glossy surface is absolutely flat, the texture of sateen resembles the fabric of the same name.
Recommendations of professionals in the choice of invoice
Depending on the type of fabric, all stretch ceilings are considered environmentally friendly, safe and durable. Their technical characteristics are similar, so the choice is based on the characteristics of the room and personal preferences.
- In small rooms, it is better to prefer a glossy stretch ceiling, combining it with striped wallpaper. Such a composition will visually raise the overlap, and expand the space.
- Also, glossy ceilings perfectly complement the room, where often there are parties and dancing, organized color, unusual lighting.
- Brushed ceiling - the best option for living rooms. Its warmth will create comfort, and a chic classic look in harmony with any stylistic design.
- The matte surface perfectly matches the classic style, including stucco and carved furniture.
- For bedrooms, experts recommend purchasing satin sheets.
Satin, matte and glossy stretch coatings have their advantages and disadvantages. They can complement different style solutions, as well as be used both individually and in combination. Selecting such materials is based on the needs of a particular case, the technical characteristics of the room and your personal preferences.