Washing dishes - an occupation that is unpleasant, fortunately, special automatic devices took over the functions of cleaning dishes from dirt for quite some time. It remains only to make the right choice of a dishwasher - and you can forget about washing dishes with your hands forever.
- Significant reduction in water consumption (up to 8,000 liters per year).
- The ability to use only cold water, which is especially important in the absence of hot water.
- The contact of the skin of hands with detergent reagents is completely excluded, which allows the use of stronger formulations than with manual washing.
- Any type of dishwasher provides significantly more efficient rinsing than is possible when washing dishes with your hands, through the use of hot water.
- Finally, the biggest plus is a reduction in the time for washing dishes, in fact, you only have to load dirty dishes into it, select a program, and then take out a clean one — the machine will do the rest.
When choosing a dishwasher, there are many factors to consider. Not only sizes, but also the functions and modes of dishwashers.
Types of dishwashers
The main parameter, which compares dishwashers - the number of "sets of dishes", which the machine washes in one cycle. The concept of "set" includes three plates, the same number of spoons, a knife, a fork and a cup with a saucer. Of course, this concept is conditional, and is used precisely in order to be able to compare the performance of different dishwashers.
By dimensions, the separation is carried out on:
- full size
The first type is the most compact. The width and length of such a machine does not exceed 55 cm, height - 45 cm. It can be put on the table, and can be hidden under the sink, if there is not enough space to install a large dishwasher. This option is suitable for a small family, since in one cycle it cleans no more than five dishware sets.
The second type has a standard height and depth (85 and 60 cm), but at the same time a reduced width of 45 cm. Finding a place for such a machine is easier, suitable for a family of three to five people.
The third type is the largest, 85x60x60 - these are the dimensions of a full-size dishwasher that processes up to 15 sets of dishes at a time. It makes sense to buy such a machine in the event that you have a really big family and you love to cook.
When choosing a dishwasher, you also need to immediately imagine whether it will stand alone, or it can be built into the kitchen. According to the way these units are installed, they are divided into two types, one of which, in turn, is divided into two more:
- embedded (in whole or in part).
Full embedding will provide "stealth" of the car in the interior, and partial will allow at the same time to get easy access to the control panel.
How effectively the dishwasher works is judged by its class.
Quality class work. Seven classes mean seven levels of quality of work and are denoted by Latin letters from A to G. A corresponds to the highest quality, and as a result, the maximum price.
A-class machines use less water to wash dishes than lower classes. Accordingly, they need a smaller amount of detergent and special salts for rehydration. Thus, each duty cycle requires less expenditure on consumables, and the operation of the machine as a whole is cheaper. For comparison, we give the figures: in class A, the working cycle takes 15 liters of water, in class E - up to 25.
Energy class. The ability of the dishwasher to save electricity is also evaluated by classes, which are as many as the efficiency classes, and they are also designated.
Drying class. Types of dishwashers, in addition, are distinguished by the class of drying, which can be done in various ways:
And in this case the class is determined by Latin letters from the beginning of the alphabet, and decreases to its end. The most productive method of drying is ventilation with the use of heated air. After the process is over, you take out the dishes not only dry, but also warm.
Noise level. A very important characteristic of any household appliance is the noise it produces when working. On the case of any household appliance is usually indicated the average level of noise in decibels, which you need to focus on. Quiet dishwasher is the one that makes noise in the range from 47 to 57 dB.
Among the many different functions of dishwashers, it is not so easy to determine what is really needed and what is the marketing ploy to improve sales. Let's try to figure it out in order to understand what you should pay special attention to when choosing a model.
- Basket. From the device space for loading dishes depends on how convenient it will be to use the machine. Dishwasher can be able to tilt the basket, it increases the efficiency of washing dishes. A variety of holders, removable trays and other devices will increase the ease of use, and, in addition, will contribute to better preservation of your dishes, since this parameter depends largely on the reliability of fixing devices. In the basket, the holders of which can be adjusted in height and width, it is easy to place the dishes of non-standard dimensions, for example, trays, colanders, large pans and more.
- Nozzles Water is supplied through these devices, and the larger their number and the smaller the diameter, the more efficient the washing is.
- Filters. Usually, filters are used to clean water before washing; the best solution is three degrees of purification. Using pre-treated water will prolong the life of the car.
- "Stop". Among the modes of the dishwasher is necessary, there are additional, as well as those without which you can do. Among the additional pay attention to such a function as "stop" - the ability to suspend the machine at any time, it is very useful if the car suddenly breaks down or a leak occurs.
- Programming. In the dishwashers there are not only standard modes, but also a manual programming function - you can set the conditions for washing dishes that suit you best in each particular case.
- Supplements. The appearance of dishes often depends on what they rinse after washing. For example, acidifying additives will allow the crystal to shine. In some machines the possibility of adding rinses is provided, the indicator will show their level. The rinses help to completely remove the detergent, give the dishes a pleasant smell and preserve its attractive appearance for a long time.
The choice of the dishwasher is also affected by the convenience of the control system, the presence of a timer, a signal for the end of work, a warning system for the end of the next cycle, as well as a display that helps control functions.
The minimum number of modes of operation, or programs - four. The maximum can vary from one manufacturer to another, up to eighteen. As a rule, no more than four most convenient modes are constantly used.
In all types of dishwashers there are such modes as:
- Daily. Standard mode of washing dishes, the water temperature is about 55 degrees, the consumption of detergents and water is average.
- Fast. Suitable with minimal soiling. In this mode, less electricity, detergent and water are consumed by 20% less than in the standard one.
- Economical. Typically, in this mode, wash the coffee and tea cups, another small and not very dirty dishes. Water temperature 40-45 degrees, the minimum consumption of detergents and water.
- Heavy pollution. This mode usually includes additional cycles to ensure the washing of very dirty dishes, including pans, pots.
In addition, the functions of dishwashers may include:
- Soak. It is used to launder dried dirt on dishes, as well as if something has burned to the bottom of the dishes.
- Delicate. Special function for washing products made of fine porcelain, crystal, as well as dishes with gold leaf.
- Express. One type of quick wash.
- "Half load". It allows you to save in the event that you do not have a full machine of dirty dishes, and what you have accumulated, you need to immediately wash.
Whether these functions are necessary in your case is up to you. Some manufacturers also offer sensor functions that extend the life of the machine. The additional function of “double washing” can also be useful, or Duo Wash - placing fragile and delicate dishes in the upper part of the basket, and very dirty in the lower one, you can wash them in one pass without damaging or not washing them.
Additional modes of the dishwasher can reduce the cost of the washing process, help save electricity and water, control the process, for example, the Easy-lock function will control the closing of the door and prevent leakage by tightly closing the door, even if you forget to press it tightly before turning it on. There is even a function of tracing a layer of scale on the metal parts of the machine, and automatically adding a softener.
Separately, you need to say about the machines equipped with self-cleaning system. They can load dishes with leftover food - they will be washed away, fragmented and filtered, so that your communications are not threatened. This is really convenient, but will require additional costs.